Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner – Outpatient
- Beavercreek, Ohio, United States
- Job category: Nurse Practitioner
- Post date:18 Aug 2017
- Job expires in: Endless
- Share job:
Employed Group seeking an experienced Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to provide care in an outpatient clinic in Beavercreek, Ohio.
• Work with an experienced Behavioral Health physician and multidisciplinary health care team.
• Utilizes evidence based practice, research and current clinical knowledge
• Partner with supervising/collaborating physician(s) s includeing history taking, clinical assessment, and physical examination, and order entry, interpretation of diagnostic studies, clinical diagnosis, treatment, and evaluation of care for the given population.
• Provides advanced evidenced based clinical psychiatric evaluations, clinical diagnosis and medication management recommendations within an outpatient clinic setting or via Tele-Consults to meet the needs of this population.
• Full-time opportunity with competitive salary and benefits
• Master’s Degree
• National Board Certification for Nurse Practitioners
• Ohio License
• Certification in Psychiatric/Behavioral Medicine specialty
Required skills include but are not limited to the following:
• Ability to communicate and relate well with staff, physician(s) and the public
• Must have awareness of patient confidentiality and be able to follow directions well from physician and work autonomously with little direction
• Demonstrates positive interpersonal relationships and critical analysis skills.
• Demonstrates ability to multi-task and work under stress
• Maintains competencies and skills of specialty area of practice.
• Demonstrates assessment skills, diagnosis with critical thinking and implementation of a plan of care.
• Professional Role- skill includes clinical reasoning and builds collaborative intra and interprofessional relationships to provide optimal care to patients with complex acute, critical and chronic illness. Skill of advocating on the behalf of the patient population and the profession through active participation in the health policy process.
• Managing and Negotiating Healthcare Delivery Systems – skill in addressing the development and implementation of system policies affecting services
• Previous behavioral health work experience in an outpatient clinic setting and/or hospital consultation role;
• EPIC computer skills
The Dayton Community
• Warmth and charm of the Midwest
• Fantastic place to raise a family
• Culture, theater, and outdoor activities
• Easy driving distance to Cincinnati and Columbus
• This world-class metropolitan community truly offers the “best of both worlds” – community charm with easy access to metropolitan amenities. This is an opportunity worth considering!