Nurse Practitioner Staff Associate
- Framingham, Massachusetts, United States
- Job category: Nurse Practitioner
- Post date:24 Apr 2019
- Share job:
Framingham State University is a vibrant comprehensive liberal arts institution located in the MetroWest suburbs of Boston, which integrates an academically challenging liberal arts education with workforce preparation programs. FSU takes pride in empowering student success by providing a superior education, leading research and innovation opportunities, and a strong first-year experience.
Founded in 1839, FSU enrolls about 4,000 undergraduates and 1,500 graduate and professional students. FSU offers 36 bachelor’s degrees with 57 specialized concentrations, 63 minors, and 24 master’s degree programs, in a highly personalized teaching environment. FSU employs more than 330 faculty members, 89% of whom have terminal degrees.
FSU is deeply committed to inclusive excellence, encourages a supportive, diverse and collaborative learning environment, and provides a culturally relevant education. FSU is honored to be a four-time recipient of the prestigious INSIGHT into Diversity Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) award and was recently designated as a Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) Inclusive Excellence campus. FSU encourages applications from persons who share our commitment to promoting a welcoming and inclusive community.
Our founding motto, “Live to the Truth”, was said at the end of each class by beloved first principal, Cyrus Peirce, who sought to discover and teach “the truth” – “truth in theory and principle,…truth in spirit and motive,…truth in manner and form,…truth intellectual and truth moral.” Principal Bagnall found this motto “speaks of sincerity of spirit,…of intensity of effort, of resolution to succeed, of joy in achievement.” “Live to the Truth” continues to guide our institution in practice and endeavor. FSU seeks employees who share in this quest for truth and commit to living it fully.
Visit www.framingham.edu/careers to learn more about employment opportunities at Framingham State University.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Staff Associate- Certified Nurse Practitioner provides primary and urgent care to students of Framingham State University within the scope of administrative guidelines and clinical protocols and assist in administrative duties in the Health Center.
Occasionally precept nurse practitioner students
Director of the Health Center
EXAMPLES OF SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides care that is confidential, high quality, evidence-based, timely and respectful to all individuals.
- Obtains health history, performs physical exam, orders and interprets lab and imaging studies and treatment recommendations according to evidenced-based guidelines.
- Prescribes and/or dispenses over the counter, non-controlled and controlled substances per state and department guidelines.
- Follows up with student with lab and imaging results and regarding condition as appropriate.
- Provides referrals to on campus resources such as Counseling Center, CASA, SoC, financial Aid as appropriate.
- Provides referral to off campus specialists as appropriate.,
- Educates students in relation to health maintenance, preventative health care and specific disease processes.
- Is proficient in use of the electronic medical record.
- Promotes inclusive diversity programming that encourages the involvement of students traditionally underserved: students of color, students with disabilities, international students, gay, lesbian, bisexual/transgender students, adults returning to college.
- Maintains logical and comprehensive records of the students’ health status in the electronic medical record in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Acts of 1974.
- Adheres to the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) standards to protect the privacy of health information.
- Recommends improvements in procedures and policies that may lead to more effective and comprehensive health care for the students.
- Reviews Admission Health Forms as needed to identify areas of serious medical concern.
- Assess student compliance with MA immunization mandates.
- Participate in student and parent orientation activities as needed.
- Meets the requirements for mandatory licensure and certifications through participation in lectures, seminars and conferences, thereby continuing to improve clinical and educational skills..
- Develops programs with Wellness Education staff designed to integrate health education in the college experience and expand student awareness of the Health Center’s resources.
- Represents the Health Center on select University committees and at meetings, conferences and specific University functions as requested.
- Recommends annual and long-range goals and objectives for the Health Center.
- Maintains MA NP license, national NP certification, CPR certification and MCS and DEA Registrations.
- Is responsible for upholding federal, state and local laws, and for enforcing university policy with special attention to the alcohol policy.
- Is accountable for ensuring that affirmative action and equal opportunity are integrally part of all actions and decisions within the scope of duties.
- Certification as a Family, Adult or Pediatric Nurse Practitioner.
- Massachusetts license to practice in the expanded role.
- Current MCSR and DEA registrations.
- Current CPR certification.
- 2 years experience in primary, urgent or women’s health care.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- 3-5 years experience in college health preferred.
- Experience in presenting health and wellness programming.
This is a full-time, exempt, 10-month (44 weeks) benefits-eligible position in the Association of Professional Administrators (APA) bargaining unit at the rank of Staff Associate. The annual salary range is $72,000 to $77,000 (which is paid on a biweekly pay schedule).
Framingham State University conducts criminal history and sexual offender record checks on recommended finalists prior to final employment for all positions.
Framingham State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Members of underrepresented groups, minorities, women, veterans, persons with disabilities, and all persons committed to diversity and inclusive excellence are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates must apply online by submitting (1) a cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) the names and contact information for three professional references.
For priority consideration, application materials must be received by May 19, 2019. However, applications may continue to be reviewed until the position is filled.
Framingham State University only accepts application materials through our online application system. We are unable to accept application materials through mail, email, fax, or hand delivery. If you experience technical issues with the online application process, please submit a helpdesk ticket.
Framingham State University understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance, please contact the Human Resources Office at 508-626-4530 or email@example.com.
How to ApplyApply Online
Apply for this Job
- No Tags