Faculty – FNP Program Lead
- Phoenix, Arizona, United States
- Job category: Family Practice
- Post date:17 Jun 2019
- Job expires in: 31 days
- Share job:
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions at our campus in Phoenix, AZ. The College, boasts a rich 30-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs. Students can earn their RN to BSN, or a master’s in nursing degree specializing in advanced patient care or in the emerging fields of health care administration, management, or public health.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is seeking a full time Lead Faculty for the FNP Program. Target start is immediate and please note, this position is a ground position at our Phoenix campus and is NOT remote.
*Please note, we also have on-campus full time and remote part time FNP Instructor positions available.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include:
- Assists in providing administrative leadership for the FNP Program and supervises faculty in designated program areas.
- Ensures educational needs of the students and community are met.
- Administers the program according to the mission, strategic plan, policies, procedures and agreements of the institution.
- Ensures compliance with state and national accreditation standards.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies, i.e. BON.
- Recruits faculty and provides a positive on-boarding experience.
- Serves as liaison for GCU and other significant community stakeholders.
- Ensures timely communication and information to all stakeholders.
- Attends sessions to facilitate communication and problem resolution between students and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions.
- Communicates student issues to the appropriate University department for resolution.
- Conducts follow-up call with University departments to ensure problem closure.
- Doctorate in Nursing Practice preferred; MSN required.
- Unencumbered, current RN Licensure in Arizona or a compact state required.
- Must hold and maintain active National Certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a university setting.
- Preferred work experience with Advanced Practice Registered Nursing programs.
- Prior management experience level preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build positive relationships with students and preceptors.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.