Critical Care – Chronic Kidney Disease Nurse Practitioner
- New York, New York, United States
- Job category: Critical Care
- Post date:3 Jun 2019
- Share job:
The Rogosin Institute (RI) is an independent not-for-profit medical care and research organization affiliated with New York Presbyterian Hospital and Weill Cornell Medicine. Rogosin is one of the premier centers for the diagnosis and management of kidney disease in the country. The Institute also treats patients with diabetes, hypertension, lipid disorders and cancer and conducts research in these areas.
Rogosin is recruiting for an experienced Nurse Practitioner who will be involved in cardiorenal and critical care and renal replacement therapy / chronic dialysis – Apheresis service. Full-time day shift position is available in our Manhattan East side location. Shift starts at 7:30am-3:30pm, M-F.
Job duties include:
Cardiorenal and Critical care
- Rounding with Attending Nephrologist and Renal Fellow (if on service) starting at approximately 7:30AM
- Performs and documents initial and follow-up assessments of patients
- Independently assess patients and prescribe RRT to include IHD, CRRT, and PD, appropriate apheresis therapies, i.e. plasma, white blood cell and platelet therapies
- Participate in research studies that involve critical care physicians and patients, including obtaining appropriate consents and entering data and maintaining data logs
Chronic dialysis – Apheresis service
- Rounding on all Rogosin covered patients on dialysis
- Responsible for outpatient HD patients including monthly notes (typically 2-4 patients), acute issues, prescriptions and communication with attending physicians
- Responsible for inpatient and outpatient apheresis patients’ initial evaluation with Attending and Fellow, troubleshooting acute situations and writing orders and notes
- Provide monthly outpatient dialysis and apheresis statistics and attend QA meetings for both
- Educate new HD patients (patients who are starting chronic HD treatments during their hospitalization) and if a patient is interested in a specific modality, the NP will be responsible for contacting appropriate staff to see them.
- Provide chronic dialysis consults for ‘overflow’ patient who require IHD treatments admitted to all services with the exception of med-renal (including dialysis consenting, orders, notes and trouble-shooting treatments and related medical questions).
Candidates must be licensed as Acute or Adult Nurse Practitioner in New York State. Critical care and/or dialysis experience required.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package.