Clinical Instructor-Nurse Practitioner, Medicine-Rapid Response
- Stony Brook, New York, United States
- Job category: Nurse Practitioner
- Post date:17 Apr 2019
- Job expires in: 29 days
- Share job:
Master’s degree in Nursing. NYS Nurse Practitioner license and certification in adult/acute care. BLS/ACLS certified. Minimum of 10 years current tertiary level care experience as a staff nurse/NP. Minimum of 5 years critical care/acute care experience as a Nurse Practitioner.
Additional years of related experience in acute care.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- The Nurse Practitioner will provide direct patient care to all adult patients in acute/crisis situations and coordinate care with a multidisciplinary team including physician assistants, RNs, NPs, respiratory therapists and radiology technicians.
- Ensure continuity of care through communication with the primary care team through adequate management and proper handoff throughout the clinical management during an RRT/Code call.
- Provide consultation to patients upon request by nursing, primary team or consult teams to assist and facilitate care in an acute crisis.
- Ensures the coordination/assistance in patient movement to a higher level of care when applicable.
- Follow up on calls made to ensure adequate medical care was rendered.
- Monitor patients who remain on general medical/surgical units post RRT events.
- Provide feedback to nursing unit and medical team members regarding the care of the patient.
- Maintain level of expertise in field by attending medical conferences to maintain competency in the fields of crisis management and code resuscitation.
NP will be scheduled as part of the current NP team and hours will be either a 10 hour or 12 hour model and will be day shift/night shift with weekends and holiday coverage. NP will report to the Director of Rapid Response Team.
This is a non-tenure track position. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Internal and external search to occur simultaneously. Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stony Brook University is 100% tobacco-free as of January 1, 2016. See our policy and learn more at stonybrook.edu/tobaccofree.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
- Complete the online Applicant Information Survey. Do not submit this survey to the department with your application. Any questions regarding the survey, please email email@example.com.
- Submit a State Employment Application, cover letter and resume/CV by clicking Apply. Alternately, you may submit your application package to the departmental address or fax below.
Barbara Mills, DNP
Director of the Rapid Response Team
Department of Medicine
Stony Brook University Medical Center
16S 13 Health Science Center
Stony Brook, NY 11794-8500
Fax: (631) 444-9667
Long Island’s premier academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine represents Stony Brook University’s entire medical enterprise and integrates all of Stony Brook’s health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. It encompasses Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, the five Health Sciences schools — Dental Medicine, Health Technology and Management, Renaissance School of Medicine, Nursing and Social Welfare — as well as the major centers and institutes, programs and more than 50 community-based healthcare settings throughout Suffolk County. With 603 beds, Stony Brook University Hospital serves as Suffolk County’s only tertiary care center and Regional Trauma Center. Stony Brook Children’s, with more than 180 pediatric specialists in 30 specialties, offers the most advanced pediatric specialty care in the region.
Official Job Title: Clinical Instructor-Nurse Practitioner
Campus: Health Sciences Center
Department: Medicine-Rapid Response
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posting Start Date: 03/19/2019
Posting End Date: 07/19/2019
Applications for this position must be received, as specified in the Application Procedure Section, no later than 5:00 PM Eastern Time on 07/19/2019, unless specifically noted otherwise in the Special Notes Section.
STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY/RESEARCH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE ALL TO APPLY INCLUDING INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND PROTECTED VETERANS. IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
For a full position description or application procedures, visit: www.stonybrook.edu/jobs
(Ref. # F-10011-19-03)
How to ApplyApply Online
Apply for this Job
- No Tags