Advanced Practice Provider Women’s Health
- Rochester, New York, United States
- Job category: Gynecology
- Post date:13 Aug 2019
- Share job:
Trillium Health, a Federally Qualified Health Center Look-Alike, is a community health center offering access to affordable care for all, with a special focus on meeting the needs of LGBTQ people, communities of color, and underserved populations.
Nationally recognized for outstanding patient-centered care, the team at Trillium Health provides a wealth of knowledge and experience. Our expansive array of services, including testing and treatment, laboratory services, primary and specialty care, and an on-site pharmacy, makes it easier for patients and clients to receive the complete care they need, all in one place.
Our authentic commitment to diversity and inclusion is evidenced through our hiring practices, our employee programs, and our compassion for everyone we serve. Based in downtown Rochester, with satellite locations in Bath and Geneva, and MOCHA centers in Buffalo and Rochester, Trillium is deeply invested in building community. We proudly sponsor many other nonprofit organizations throughout the area and participate in a wide range of community events.
Trillium’s employee-centered company culture and exceptional benefits have contributed to impressive growth in recent years, raising our staff total to more than 250. We hope you will consider joining us on this upward path and becoming a part of the Trillium Health family.
We are currently recruiting for an Advanced Practice Provider Women’s Health to join our practice.
- Develops an acceptable practice agreement with a collaborating physician as a Nurse Practitioner or if a Physician Assistant, a supervising physician will be assigned.
- If Nurse Practitioner has more than 3600 hours of qualifying NP experience they can opt to the following:
- Practice in accordance with a written practice agreement with a collaborating physician or practice and have collaborative relationships with a qualified physician or a New York State Health Department licensed healthcare facility
- Submits proof of the practice agreement with an appropriate physician, licensed to practice in New York State, to the State Education Department within 90 days of employment.
- Advanced Practice Provider – Women’s Health will utilizes Trillium Health Clinical Guidelines for management of patients.
- Maintains appropriate credentials to practice at Trillium Health
- Primary Care/Specialty care (if applicable) – performs histories and physicals, routine and urgent office visits, reviews laboratory and test results, performs office procedures as experience and credentialing allow.
- Advanced Practice Provider – Women’s Health provides primary health care services to women of all ages, generally beginning at adolescence and continuing through pregnancy and menopause. The Advanced Practice Provider – Women’s Health has a specialization in obstetrics and gynecology but also engages in well-woman care, health education, prenatal care and contraceptive counseling as well as providing care for episodic or chronic illnesses, eating disorders and sexually transmitted diseases.
- Education – provides health teaching to patients and families, participates in development and delivery of educational programs for area health care providers.
- Health Promotion – provides information on nutrition and eating concerns, stress management, sexuality concerns, contraception, smoking cessation, chemical dependency and substance abuse.
- Along with M.D./D.O providers, supervises clinical interventions provided by registered nurse staff
- Performs regular peer reviews and focused chart reviews as indicated based on Agency policies
- Requires the ability and commitment to respect and support inclusiveness and diversity including but not limited to individuals of different backgrounds, cultures, races, ages, sexual orientations, gender identities or expressions, experiences, opinions, etc.
- Requires individual demonstration of commitment to the One Trillium behaviors and business impacts and modeling them in the organization.
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of all patient, client, employee, protected and proprietary information.
- Employees are accountable for meeting the performance standards of their departments and must participate as requested in compliance audits, process improvement and quality improvement plans. Other specific duties as assigned.
Three years of Gynecologic experience preferred. M.S. degree as a nurse practitioner in a National League for Nursing (NLN) accredited school of nursing or a degree from an accredited program as a Physician Assistant. Current licensure in New York State as a Physician Assistant or as Nurse Practitioner. National certification by governing body required.
Experience working in community-based health care settings is also preferred. An understanding of EMRs is helpful. The ability to demonstrate teamwork and effective interpersonal relations skills is imperative. Excellent written/oral communication and computer skills are required.
Trillium Health offers employment to all employees & applicants. No person shall be discriminated against in employment on the basis of race, age, color, marital status, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, status as a domestic violence victim, genetic condition or predisposition, or any other characteristic protected by law.