This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Advanced Practice Provider Sexual Health
- Rochester, New York, United States
- Job category: Physician Assistant
- Post date:18 Jun 2019
- Share job:
Trillium Health, a Federally Qualified Health Center Look-Alike, is a community health center offering access to affordable care for all, with a special focus on meeting the needs of LGBTQ people, communities of color, and underserved populations.
Nationally recognized for outstanding patient-centered care, the team at Trillium Health provides a wealth of knowledge and experience. Our expansive array of services, including testing and treatment, laboratory services, primary and specialty care, and an on-site pharmacy, makes it easier for patients and clients to receive the complete care they need, all in one place.
Our authentic commitment to diversity and inclusion is evidenced through our hiring practices, our employee programs, and our compassion for everyone we serve. Based in downtown Rochester, with satellite locations in Bath and Geneva, and MOCHA centers in Buffalo and Rochester, Trillium is deeply invested in building community. We proudly sponsor many other nonprofit organizations throughout the area and participate in a wide range of community events.
Trillium’s employee-centered company culture and exceptional benefits have contributed to impressive growth in recent years, raising our staff total to more than 250. We hope you will consider joining us on this upward path and becoming a part of the Trillium Health family.
We are currently recruiting for an Advance Practice Provider, Sexual Health. Hours are 2 pm – 9 pm Monday through Friday with a potential Saturday rotation.
- Develop an acceptable practice agreement with a collaborating physician.
- If Nurse Practitioner has more than 3600 hours of qualifying NP experience they can opt to the following:
- Practice in accordance with a written practice agreement with a collaborating physician or practice and have collaborative relationships with a qualified physician or a New York State Health Department licensed healthcare facility
- Submit proof of the practice agreement with an appropriate physician, licensed to practice in New York State, to the State Education Department within 90 days of employment.
- Utilize the ANA Scope of Practice for The Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant and Standards of Practice for the Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant statements reflecting the scope of practice.
- Maintain appropriate credentials to practice at Trillium Health
- APP Sexual Health will perform duties under the direction of the Chief Medical Officer and the oversight of the supervising/assigned Physician.
- APP Sexual Health will follow best practice standards for patient-centered, trauma-informed, optimal sexual health care.
- APP Sexual Health will communicate as appropriate with referring provider and/or primary care provider regarding update on patient status.
- APP Sexual Health will perform and utilize the following skills/tools:
- Perform sexual histories and physicals, face-to-face patient visits, reviews laboratory and test results, performs office procedures as experience and credentialing allow.
- Education – provides health teaching to patients and partners as necessary to improve patient health status and patient outcomes.
- Health Promotion – provides information on sexuality concerns, contraception, healthy choices, and decreasing high-risk behaviors.
- Supervision – oversees clinical interventions by the sexual health LPN.
- Requires the ability to relate to people of diverse backgrounds, cultures, races, sexual orientations and gender identities or expressions.
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of all patient, clients, proprietary, and protected information.
- Employees are accountable for meeting performance standards of their departments. They participate in compliance audits and quality improvement plans.
- Other specific duties as assigned.
Minimum 1 year experience as a board certified Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant. M.S. degree as a nurse practitioner in a National League for Nursing (NLN) accredited school of nursing. Current licensure in New York State as a Registered Professional Nurse and current certification in New York State as a nurse practitioner. National certification by the American Nurses’ Association (ANA) (or other certifying body) as a nurse practitioner (adult or family, preferred). Or, M.S. degree in Physician Assistant studies and current certification in New York State as a Physician Assistant. Or, bachelor’s degree with equivalent experience.
Experience working in community-based health care settings is also preferred. An understanding of EMRs is helpful. The ability to demonstrate teamwork and effective interpersonal relations skills is imperative. Excellent written/oral communication and computer skills are required.
Trillium Health offers employment to all employees & applicants. No person shall be discriminated against in employment on the basis of race, age, color, marital status, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, status as a domestic violence victim, genetic condition or predisposition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Applyapply online at https://www.trilliumhealth.org/en/86/join-the-team
Apply for this Job
- No Tags